Posted in Big Time Market and Liquor ProductsWhiskey

Bottoms Up: Recommended Specialty Whiskeys in San Diego

Specialty whiskeys are a sure sign of class and sophistication the same way that a classic red wine implies subtlety or champagne marks a celebration.

Visually, whiskey is easy to identify, ranging from dark lustering amber to a golden caramel color, but not all whiskeys are alike. A typical shot of whiskey can cost a buck or two, but a fine bottle of whiskey is more ideal. Stores with an assortment of the highest quality whiskeys are hard to come by. That is why knowing what shops offer specialty whiskeys in San Diego is a must.

What Makes a Whiskey a Whiskey?

There is a slight controversy on how you categorize whiskey. American Rye whiskeys’ grain mixture or mash bill must be at least 51% rye, while bourbons must at least have 51% corn. For the remaining 49% of the component on both liquors, the ingredients are mainly composed of grains like corn, rye, and barley. Furthermore, what separates bourbons to whiskeys is the taste. Bourbons, due to the ingredients being primarily corn, tend to have a sweeter and fuller flavor with hints of vanilla and caramel. While rye whiskeys, due to their high rye mash bill, have a bolder taste with a drier, spicy undertone finish.

Specialty Whiskeys, Blanton’s Edition

If you are looking for the best bourbon, Blanton’s Single Barrel Bourbon Whiskey takes the glass. There is nothing simple when it comes to Blanton’s bourbon whiskeys. You can smell it in the aromas of citrus, toffee, clove, and caramel. Furthermore, Blanton’s single barrel bourbon exemplifies a well-rounded taste of citrus with a balance of caramel and vanilla undertones and finishes with hints of toasted nuts and oak. Even exquisitely made decanters and bottles imply elegance.

Here is a list of bourbon whiskeys that Blanton’s offers.

1. The Original: Blanton’s Single Barrel Bourbon

What makes the Blanton’s Single Barrel Bourbon renowned? Well, it is all about history, my friend. Being the first single barrel bourbon in the world in 1984, the liquor was once labeled only for dignitaries, ambassadors, and the Blanton’s Family. Neat or on the rocks, the citrusy open and nutty finish distinguish it from any other Bourbon.

2. The Gold: Blanton’s Gold Edition Bourbon

The gold edition bourbon of Blanton’s boasts the complexity and smoothness of world-class bourbon. The essence is marked with faint hints of tobacco and spicy rye, followed by a smooth honey caramel finish with citrus undertones. The palate of this bourbon whiskey is a mixture of bold and round notes of oak with a vanilla finish. If you are in search for a consistent, well-balanced bourbon whiskey then this signature gold edition will surely fit the bill. Take note, this bourbon is best with a splash of water or neat.

3. The Straight: Blanton’s Straight from the Barrel Bourbon

All classic bourbon style whiskeys that come from the barrel represent a strong and clear taste profile. The strong palate of this bourbon whiskey delivers notes of vanilla, toasted nuts, and a rich spicy finish of butterscotch or honey. This bourbon carries hints of caramel and dark chocolate with undertones of toasted nuts.

The Special: Blanton’s Special Reserve Bourbon

This special blend of bourbon whiskey has a floral nose with hints of cedar and vanilla. It also flows smoothly, so it’s perfect mixed or straight. At 80 proof, Blanton’s Special Reserve is as a great starter when it comes to single barrel bourbon whiskeys.

Good whiskeys and bourbons are classy and smooth, all the way to the finish. Learn more about whiskeys and bourbons or check for your favorite brand. Call Big Time Market & Liquor at (619) 470-0289 today.

There are no comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Start typing and press Enter to search

Shopping Cart